Friday, January 30, 2015

Visit to Pancho Mateo

Sheri here....
Yesterday was one of the most heart wrenching days I have ever experienced in my life.  We arrived at Pancho Mateo, the neighbourhood that the Ranchero is being built in.  I have never seen poverty like this before.  The homes are pieces of metal and garbage put together to make a wall.  There are garbage piles all along the street.  Most of the kids were wearing filthy dirty clothes and clothes that are too small for them.  And, then the worst happened....  I saw this adorable little girl curled up in a ball on the ground crying.  I looked over to try and figure out why she was crying.  I then saw a 8-9 years old boy hiding behind our van and throwing rocks at her. Rocks, not stones. I put my arm on her back and rubbed her back while another team member went and spoke to him.  Thankfully, we were able to take both of these kids to the church for our childrens outreach.  While in the van, Leslie silently prayed over this boy as she placed her hands on his shoulders.  There was an instant peace and a smile that came on his face.  I am very happy to say that these kids heard of the love of Jesus yesterday.  Most of the kids raised their hands to accept Christ.  Honestly, we are not sure how many actually understood and really did pray to accept Christ and how many put their hands up because the others were.  The Lord knows which ones are truly part of God's family now.  However, we do know that many, many seeds were sown.  


No comments:

Post a Comment