Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Many hands make light work

[from Al Landriault] Like my son Nicolas, this also is my first Mission trip.  A three generation trip - my dad Chuck, my son Nic and me.  Great male bonding trip so far.  Being on the Build Team for a non-handy guy like me is a bit intimidating.  However, I quickly realized that many hands make light work.  Moments after arriving at the build site for the first time, I was tasked with 2 other team members to cut 7 x 1.5in re-bar.  I am being blessed beyond words as I serve in this capacity.  Being in the midst of this level of poverty, that I have never seen in person before, has brought some serious perspective to my life.  Being with Nic as we visited Steven was also a very touching moment for me.  Watching Nic hug him like a brother brought tears to my eyes.  I explained to Steven and his family that they are a blessing to us.  It is a privilege to have them as a part of our lives.  Steven wants to be a pilot when he grows up and wants to fly over to Canada to visit us.  What a precious child!
Since Nic and I are serving in different ways on this trip, we have long chats back in the room at night exchanging stories and being amazed how God's hand is on this trip and how we are being impacted.
Having Chuck here makes it that much more special.  We have so many shared life experiences, why stop now!  Pics to follow.

1 comment:

  1. Well done everyone! We are excited to hear your updates and are praising God with you for the little ones who committed their lives to Jesus today. You are a gift to our brothers and sisters in the DR as you share the love of Christ through the build project (which looks amazing) and the children's programs. Thank you for stepping out in faith. Our love and prayers are with you, Vanessa and the Dawson family

    ReplyDelete