Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Eye opener

[from Nicolas Landriault] Being my first Mission trip, I didn't really know what to expect.  I saw some things for the very first time that made me realize that I am so fortunate to live where I live and have the luxuries I have.  My first home visit EVER was with my granpa and his sponsor child, Efran.  It was very special to share that moment with him.  I am on this trip with him and my dad.  Seeing Efran's home was a real shock.  His whole house for his entire family of 4 is the size of my bedroom.  Our outreach ministry is going very well.  I enjoyed playing soccer yesterday with a bunch of kids.  I loved seeing the smiles of their faces.  Today I saw my sponsor child Steven.  It was very exciting to see him in person because now he is more then a picture on my fridge.  This was also a very special moment for me to share with my dad.  Our afternoon adventure to do a kids club up in the mountains made us realize that God hears our prayers.  More on that later.  Pics to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment