Thursday, January 22, 2015

God's Promises


Hey guys, this was the view as I was leaving my apartment this a.m.-The biggest Rainbow I've ever seen touching down on both ends!  Of course when we see the rainbow we are supposed to remember God's promises but in particular around this time I am really touched by remembering this fact.  When Nelly began trying to plan this Pancho project she was starting from scratch.  She had never done anything like this before and I'm sure that the idea of it was just overwhelming.  But God had placed a burning coal in her heart.  As usual, this is where God starts.  Then He waits to see what we will do.  Will we just step on the coal and put it out saying-naw, I can't do that.  Its too hard for me, I don't know how.  I just don't have time. (notice the emphasis on me/ I) or will we allow ourselves to dream the dreams of God?  Will we say-God I don't know how, but you do and that's enough for me so lets go!!!Will we allow ourselves to be used by God?  Will we be obedient to the callings He places in us?  Essentially, will we fan the flames or douse them? 
Here's where the promises come in.  God promises that when we join him on His Journey and Dream His dreams, He will direct our steps.  When we obey and trust He will give us everything we need to accomplish what He has begun. Haven't we seen this very thing occur in this mission?  I believe we have.  Thanks to Nelly for her obedience even when it stretched. Thanks to Care for all her hours of hard work in with the admin of this trip because without that being done, we can't go.  I am super excited to see you all in 4 sleeps!  Come with Expectation!!!!  He is with us and His promises are good!!!  Peace and Love, M  



No comments:

Post a Comment