Thursday, January 27, 2011

Wednesday´s work

Care:
Today was a great day! We had a few setbacks, as the guagua (van) wouldn't start and the little truck was having trouble as well but we prayed and things got going. Work on the house went well. I helped paint some board and discovered I was going to have to use the facilities ( outhouse). Turned out, I found myself twice having to use the outhouse in the back. It was awful but how awful for those that never have an alternative! I felt like bathing in hand sanitizer.

Stephanie and Reed, the medical kits and supplies that were donated are going to a nurse that lives in the mountains where people have difficulty getting to the hospital. If you have read other blog entries, you will know that the public hospital conditions are not sanitary and these supplies will help this nurse minister to families in a very practical way!

 

Michele:

Hey everyone-especially my family.  Family; I hope you are all really well and not missing me too much.  I know that the lead up to this trip and the time when I'm gone is really a sacrifice for you.  From my room I could often hear downstairs " Mom's busy-she's e-mailing with Ben again!"  I hope when you see the pics and know what has been done here you will feel very happy about the sacrifices you made.  I am blessed to be here but can't wait to be with you again, love mom  {Michele}

 

No comments:

Post a Comment