Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More Pictures and thoughts - Tuesday

The only way to travel ...
Thank you God!!
The on-site no frills Internet Cafe
Note the confused looks .. till the engineer came to the rescue.
Worthy of a Tool Time Calendar

Adam ministering to a dog bite.. what a lad!!

Ray
Today was a great day at the job site.  The siding is going on and the entire roof was framed.The electrical is also as complete as possible before the interior walls go up.
  
I can't believe the progress that we've made and a beautiful house is starting to take shape.  The team is having a great time interacting with the neighbours - playing soccer, games and attempting marbles. If you thought getting beat by a 4 year old on Wii was humbling, try a game of marbles down here.
  
Tom
Hi everyone! (Especially my family)
Hope everything is good up there.  It's been fun here.  Today I went walking with  Ray to get some supplies, suddenly the guide I was with spoke to a guy on a motor bike and gestured me to get on.  I reluctantly got on with this stranger and was quickly whisked away at mach speeds for the scariest ride of my life.  Since I haven't actually seen anyone holding onto the drivers here, I figured I'd better not either which proved to be the best workout for my butt cheeks I've ever had.    He brought me to a store and Ray showed up on a motor bike two minutes later which made me quite relieved.  I miss you Britte, Neil,Dan, Myles and Mom and Dad so much.  Next time we're coming together- yes, you too Dad!.       Love Tom

1 comment: