Saturday, January 29, 2011

Ray's Home Visits

On top of finishing the house today, I was able to find time to do 2 home visits.  First we went to Georgeli's house with Pedro as the translator and Michele as my backup.  I was warmly greeted by Georgeli's father and he is so proud of his family and house.  He showed us the walls he was able to build with some money we sent down.  He did his own work and it was awesome to see the pride in his workmanship.  I told him important the DR and his family have been in my walk with Christ.  He was so gracious and said that his house is open to my family anytime we come down. 

I was able to find a volleyball for Georgeli - her favourite sport.  I prayed for the family and left feeling very comfortable and enjoyed the company of this family.




The second home visit was with Yunelsio's family.  This time his mother was there and last time it was the father.  Yunelsio is still extremely shy and didn't say any words.  His mother said that she still has the pictures of Laura holding him ... she held him all day long at the last visit.  He probably would have been different around Laura vs this 6'4" gringo.  He started playing catch with his new baseball glove right away.  It was good to see him crack a smile at times.  His dog is named Black Mouth - boca negra.  I wish he weren't so shy or afraid, but that is probably a result of his dimunitive size and his harsh life so far. His sister asked for prayers towards finding a job and his mother asked for health - she is constantly sick.  None of the family is Christian, but there is hope for everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment