Monday, February 24, 2014

Miguel

If you have been to the DR before you know Miguel, my sponsored child.  Well he is no longer a child actually, he has grown into a beautiful young man with a beautiful personality and a heart for the Lord.  He's almost a Rock Star amongst the missionaries here and anyone who has ever been involved in his life.  Let me tell you what he gave me as his testimony yesterday.  He said this:
"When I was a child, I was very bad.  I was fighting all of the time and anywhere where there was trouble I was around.  I didn't care about school.  All of our neighbors and my parents friends thought I would grow up to be nothing because of my behavior.  When I got involved withy Compassion it changed my life.  I feel totally transformed.  I am a completely different person because of all of the people who have helped me and mostly because of God.  Now I want to be like Benjamin.  I want to spend my life serving and helping people."
Can you imagine how proud I am of this young man?  I don't know if you can.  He is absolutely everything that I have prayed for these 10 years since I have sponsored him.  Miguel is now excelling in school.  He works had everyday on his English and goes 2X a week to English classes after school.  He is working part time with Benjamin at Makarios, helping them when groups come.  He has been with us for a lot of our activities, working with Benjamin.  Leo from the church has also taken him under his wing and is apprenticing him when he can in the trade of electrician.  Miguel wants to be an engineer.  WOW!  Thats all I can say.  Well, that and "God is good.  All the time.".

                                              Me and Miguel


                                             Miguel and his sisters


Miguel helping us with carnival

No comments:

Post a Comment