Thursday, February 27, 2014

"I don't like lets go!"

Hola Amigos! Today is a sad day because we are leaving this amazing country tonight.  Well actually, it has been a very long good-bye for many of us.  As mentioned Tues night was good - bye for many.  It was fairly gut wrenching for some.  There were many new bonds formed this trip and I think for those new and special relationships it was the hardest.  Although saying good-bye even to old friends not easy either.  My sponsored child Miguel heard me saying to the team, ok guys let's go, after a fairly long good-bye, and the title of this post came from what he said about this.  Here are some good-byes:

                                                 Karin and Leonardo

Mallory and Jeffrey


Donna Joselito and Angelina


Some of us had some home visits on Wednesday but I only have photos from Jean and Allie's

Jean and Allie with Johanna and her brother

Allie walking with Johanna{one of my fav pics}


Last night we finished the official part of the trip with a big dinner and Ben was our guest.  After dinner we met for trip highlight/take aways, to share communion and also to make Ben's grad gift presentation to him.  There were many tears during this time as people shared what God had done in them this trip, and even for Ben who was very moved by his gift presentation.  I forgot my camera cord again so I will post some photos later.  
Today is family day.  I'm sure many of us will be spending time further reflecting, but we will also walk up to Cabarete for some shopping and to meet Ben and Vierka, and maybe some other friends for a coffee.  The girls and I are also horse-back riding on the beach this morning.  Please pray for the team as we transition back that God would clearly show us the things He wants us to learn from this trip.  Also pray for protection from the enemy as he will surely be trying to rob us of the joy we have experienced, and confound our thoughts.  Well, once again the sun is on the rise.  Hasta pronto!  
Michele  

No comments:

Post a Comment