Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Hola amigos!  Sorry I didn't write yesterday but it was a very long day.  By the time it was my turn with the computer i was fast asleep!  Anyway I am up very early today-in fact I was the first guest at the resort to come and get coffee this morning.  Its still pitch black here at about 6:10am.
Yesterday was a pretty tough day.  Well at least the afternoon.  We were doing our lesson in a battae called Pancho Mateo.  We were greeted by a wonderful elder and also the teacher of the children.  The holy spirit's presence was so evident in these women.  Nelly was so impacted by their work and testimony that she feels like meeting them was one of the main reasons God called her to this trip-amazing.  Anyway we were in a fairly tight area and when the kids began arriving their excitement levels were through the roof.  At one point I thought we might loose Ashley.  I was busy setting up and when I heard some commotion I looked over and she was at the bottom of a dog pile!!!  Too funny.  It took a few minuted to extract her but she was saved.  But the excitement level remained at this height through the whole afternoon and we had quite a bit of trouble running our events without total chaos breaking out.  When I looked from station to station it looked a bit like a bunch of small riots!!  This all took place in the blistering heat since we were on blacktop{a basketball court} with basically no shade.  I think the team was really a bit rattled and very exhausted but we are thanking the Lord that for the kids this was just a really good time!  I don't have very many pictures because literally pausing to get out my camera meant total loss of control.  What I do have are not yet downloaded to my computer since I fell asleep early and this morning did not want to disturb my team mates by rummaging for camera and cord.  I will post some later today so stay tuned.  Please pray for renewed strength today for everyone as we have our final push.  Today will be the last day for our full program and we are praying things will be a little calmer.  Also please pray for Jean as she wasn't feeling great yesterday.  Thanks guys, just knowing we have a whole team back home following us and lifting us up in prayer is such a comfort.  Dios te bendiga!  Gotta go.  The sunrise is beginning, Michele

No comments:

Post a Comment