Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Finally home-posted by Michele

The Ottawa group of weary travellers arrived home last night at around 11:30.  Some of us are at work today, trying to work through the reverse culture shock, fatigue and make sense of everything we have done in the last 7-10 days.  People at work are asking me"So how was it?  Was it fun?"  I really don't know how to answer that question right now, but if I had to say something it would be this.  It was the hardest mission trip I have ever been on.  Between the rain and flooding, the difficulties with the build, the financial shortfall and the extreme poverty, we are all really stunned.  Please pray for us as we merge back into our lives.  If one of your family members was on this trip, please offer them extra TLC. 
I have to say thank you so much to this team.  I can't say enough about the grace and love with which you all served.  Just one foot infront of the other, washing feet all week.  I am praying for you all as you sort through your emotions and try to recoup energy.  I have a little story for you.  I think you will be able to relate:
Holding up the sky
One day an elephant saw a tiny hummingbird lying on its back with its tiny feet up in the air.  "What are you doing?"  asked the elephant?"  The Hummingbird replied,  "I heard that the sky might fall today, and so I'm ready to help hold it up, should it fall."
The elephant laughed cruelly.  "Do you really think that those tiny feet could help hold up the sky?"  he asked.  The Hummingbird kept his feet up in the air, intent on his purpose, as he replied, "Not alone, but each must do what he can.  And this is what I can do."  - A tale from China.
I know that there were many times last week where it felt like the sky was going to fall.  But each member of this team kept their feet up and did the very best they could with what God had given them.  For that I am exceedingly proud of you.  Thank you Hummingbirds.  And if there are any Elephants out there I hope that God will send his Holy Spirit to lovingly teach you, and that perhaps this the example that the Hummingbirds have set will minister to you in Jesus name.
Over the next few days I will be posting some of my favorite pics and I encourage the rest of the team to do the same.  It was really difficult to find time when we were there to properly post things but we will continue to try to share with you over the next week or two. 
I did not want to finish before I give an update that one of our team members Nicky, {Wendy's sister} was in a bad car accident on her way home last night.  She and her husband are both shaken up but by God's great mercy they are physically fine with just some minor injuries.  Please pray for them.  Pray that Satan would not be able to rob Nicky of the blessing she has just received this week.  TTYL, M

No comments:

Post a Comment