Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 6/7 "Washing Feet"

Hi everyone, hope you are all well.

The last few days since my last post have been full of ups and downs. The build is coming along well but a little over budget and a little behind schedule {washing feet, washing feet....} Also it rained like crazy yesterday eve and the road was more fit for canoes than cars. Our mission house flooded and lots of stuff got wet. Then the toilets backed up so we are now one toilet for 15 people {washing feet, washing feet...}. Haha.

On the good side, we had a proof that our work with this church and our support of Compassion is truely a blessing. Last night in our house we had 4 young people visit us. All 4 of them grew up in very poor homes with stories similar to Jason, Moses and Luna. Out of those 4, one young woman was a newly graduated university student who is now practising as a doctor. The other is finishing up her university and will also be a doctor. One of the young men was a business consultant and the other, Benjamin, is still in university and serving the Lord as our field missionary. The proof was right there before our eyes. I know a lot of people are unsure about sending money overseas because they are not sure it makes a difference. I'm telling you it does and these 4 young people were living proof. All of them are involved in bringing up the next generation of kids so that those kids can have the same opportunities they had. Here are 3 of them. Benja was studying at university and wasn't there for the picture.

Dios es bueno-todo el tiempo!

Another good thing. Today I had the blessing of bringing some food to Lude and her family. It was so special. She told me she loves me and she called me mother{I think I am younger than her}. Here is a picture of all of us.

Sometimes being here can be like beauty and the beast. There are so many 'beastly' things here. Things that frustrate you, break your heart in ways that you don't want to be broken. But there is so much beauty to be found if you are looking in the right place and if you allow Jesus to show you. It reminds me of the song by Geoff Moore Every Single One-I've seen Jesus standing in the cold. I've seen Jesus, He is young and He is old. I've seen Jesus in the eyes of all His daughters and sons-every single one. God is in this place, I can feel it. He is on the move. Check out these photos.

Update on the build.  We've managed to get virtually all of the siding and roofing completed.  The doors and windows were installed and it's really starting to look like something.
Some friends from Ottawa, Grant and Sophie, were in the area and popped in for the day to help us out.  Great to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment