Sunday, February 1, 2015

"It is finished"

As I reflect on our time here on this beautiful and warm starry night, I am reminded of the verse from Phillipians 1:6: "And He who began a good work (in Pancho Mateo) - emphasis mine) has carried it on to completion." Praise the Lord!!! I marvel at how God provided the right people, resources, and everything we'd need to complete the building of the ranchero (right down to the weather!) Only a short year ago, this project was nothing more than a distant dream God placed on my heart; but as our faithful God always does, He provided the way for us to join Him on His mission. I am so humbled and thank you so much Heavenly Father!
It has been an absolute honour and JOY to serve our Lord Jesus Christ alongside such a wonderful, compassionate, generous and selfless group of people. I am so thankful for everyone on the DR 2015 mission team - you guys rock!! :) The blessings I experienced on this trip are too many to list, so perhaps I'll just share one of the most important lessons I learned here: LOVE is the most important thing in our lives. We must value relationships over accomplishments and take time to "be present" with people.  At the end of our lives, the only thing that will matter is our relationship with God and our relationship with others (so we must love well!)
Thanking God for the new friendships formed, old friendships strengthened, and looking forward to what is yet to come!

For His glory,
Nelly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment