Saturday, April 14, 2012

God gives Big Dreams- by Michele

Hey everyone, just a little DR update
As many of you know the mission team has been praying about establishing a more permanent presence in the village of Montellano.  We have had our eye on a property which we feel will be perfect for our vision.  Some of you have been there to see it with us.  Donna and I, with the support of Ryan prepared a short vision letter a couple of months ago which Ryan presented to the Trustees.  Our hope was to get their approval and advice/insight to move ahead with fund-raising for this property.  I have to be honest with you guys.  Although I have been praying fervently for 1.5 years that God would give us that property, I am also a little terrified that He might.  I mean who am I and what do I know about purchasing property internationally, foreign tax policies and Canadian law re: international ministries?  Then again what did I know about building houses… look what God did with that. 
Anyway, the Trustees have given a tentative approval.  Yikes!  We need to pray.  They had a few questions which I think have answers that will not be a stumbling block so I am reasonably sure that we will be able to go ahead and begin fund-raising in the near future. 
Guys we really need to soak this in prayer.  Please pray for wisdom and discernment and clarity for the leadership.  I don’t want to step even one toe in a direction where the Lord is not leading the way.  The stakes are too high.  It looks like the Lord has opened the door just a little bit-at least enough for us to take a few more tentative steps down this path but I don’t want to say that I KNOW this is God’s plan.  I feel like He has placed a huge desire and passion in my heart and in the hearts of the team but we have to be so careful that we don’t mistake what we want for what God wants-hence tons of prayer.
Also, re fund-raising; we will not be fund-raising inside the Sequoia membership.  The plan is to look outside Sequoia at businesses and other connections.  This is because we feel the membership has a primary responsibility to the Building Walls campaign.  We don’t want to tempt anyone not to make a commitment to or to circumvent a commitment made to the Sequoia land in order to give to this initiative.  If God wants this to happen He will do it without needing his people to make compromises like that.
So, I’m really excited and really scared!  Please pray for me and for the whole team.  I plan to update this blog regularly now as we move forward with this so that everyone knows what to pray about and can stay informed.  Next week I will be posting details about the vision of the partnership and how you can help. So check it every week or so OK?  Thanks everyone-blessings in Jesus name, M



left side of house

front of house

some of back yard

No comments:

Post a Comment